“I have always believed firmly that a good education is the most cherished gift an individual can receive.” William R. Kenan, Jr.
Educational opportunities are offered for all ages in a variety of forms: preschool; children’s and adult classes; lectures and talks with authors, artists, and experts in many fields; and workshops offered through our affiliate groups including the Kenan Quilters’ Guild and Friends of the Kenan Herb Club.
A sample of our current Educational Programs:
- Montessori Preschool. A half day program for ages 3-5 that offers hands-on, child-centered learning
- Kenan Speaker Series featuring faith leaders and noted national authors and scholars in the area of religion and contemporary society.
- Gallery Tea & Tour events: Artists provide intimate talks about their work currently on exhibit in the gallery
- KidQuest Summer Youth Program offering unique youth programs in theater, science, art, cooking, yoga, and more!
- Winter Playcation and Spring Playcation offering youth programming in arts, education and recreational areas during school breaks.
- Art classes for children. With the guidance of trained artist instructors, children learn techniques for exploring a variety of media and art forms.
- Missoula Children’s Theatre Residency is a week-long program which children in grades K-12 work with touring actors to perform an original musical production.
SPRING PLAYCATION – April 3-6, 2023
Register today for Spring Playcation at the Kenan Center. Youth can enjoy their break participating in a variety of arts, education and recreational activities. Click here to register or below for details on individual classes. The cost is $15 for members or $20 general, per class. Ages 5-12 welcome.
Monday – Yoga with Brandi
Tuesday – Watercolor Art with Jess Tomaino
Wednesday – Make a Book Pillow with Kenan Quilters Guild
Thursday – Playworks with Tyler Davis
ASTRO CAMP – April 3-6, 2023
Join the Kenan Center and Challenger Learning Center for a special Astro Camp. In this camp participants train to become mission specialists and learn skills needed for space exploration. From navigation, to weather, life science or geology different topics will be featured each day. Our crew will explore the science tasks required by NASA astronauts to solve problems as a team throughout the mission. Monday-Wednesday the camp will take place on the Kenan Campus from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Camp ends on Thursday with a simulated flight to Mars at the Challenger Learning Center, 160 Washburn St., Lockport from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. We guarantee all our crew members safe return from Mars. Astro camp is $80 for non-Kenan members and $70 members. Ages 8-17 welcome. Click here to register.
Kenan Center Scholarships
The Kenan Center offers scholarships that allow those in need the opportunity to participate in our programming. Contact the Business Office at 433-2617 to request a scholarship form, or download one here..