Introducing Youth Flag Football at the Kenan Arena! Beginning January 29th.
NFL Flag Football is non-contact football with primary emphasis placed on the development of passing, receiving, running and coverage skills. There is no blocking or tackling in NFL Flag; the game is strictly “no contact” with primary emphasis placed on skill development, learning and having fun playing football. Games are played 6 v 6 with modified rules to heighten skill development and maximize activity. Players meet for 90 minutes each week – a 40-minute training session followed by a 50-minute game against another KidsPlay team. KidsPlay coaches coordinate all practices and games with parent coaches providing assistance during training sessions. An NFL team-oriented reversible football jersey and flag belt is included in the fee.
Other Important Information
- Teammate requests are honored 90% of the time. The only time KidsPlay cannot is when there is a string of player requests that clearly affect the balance of the league. Creating one dominant (or super inexperienced) team can create a lot of issues.
- The first day is an evaluation day. They grade players out and distribute an even number of experienced/inexperienced players onto each team.
- Team rosters and a league schedule for weeks 2-7 are emailed to parents 12-24 hours after the first meeting.
- Unless told otherwise, siblings are always grouped on the same team.
Start Date: Saturday, January 29th Ending Date: Saturday, March 19th
Cost: $130 for Kenan Members and $140 for Non Kenan Members
Age Division & Times:
- COED Ages 7-10: Saturday’s 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- COED Ages 11-13: Saturday’s 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
The Kenan Center Arena is excited to bring our families a new software tool with an intuitive interface, a streamlined checkout process, and smart tool tips. This game-changing software is built for everyone and easy to use. You will be asked to make a profile before registering and can use that username and password to register for any Kenan Arena activity. Please click here for registration.
Processing Fees. Any processing fee charged by Kenan Center, Inc. or any of its vendors concerning credit card or other payment transactions is non-refundable under any circumstance, including if a participant withdraws from the event or program.
Kenan Center Scholarships
The Kenan Center offers scholarships that allow those in need the opportunity to participate in our programming. Contact the Business Office at 433-2617 to request a scholarship form, or download here.
Consistent with the guidelines established by the Lockport City School District, the following are the masking requirements at the Kenan Arena:
- Coaches, spectators, officials, game staff, and Arena staff must always wear a mask when inside Kenan Arena.
- All athletes are required to wear a mask while on the bench, team huddles, and common areas when inside Kenan Arena.
- Athletes aged twelve (12) and over are required to wear masks to their toleration level during activity while maintaining 6 feet distancing when able when inside Kenan Arena.
- Athletes under the age of twelve (12) are required to wear masks at all times when inside Kenan Arena.
The Kenan Center will not be issuing refund in the event the Winter Flag Football Season has to be suspended or cancelled due to COVID-19 related mandates by the local and/or state government. In the event of a suspended or cancelled season due to COVID-19, the Kenan Center will pro-rate paid registration fees and apply them to the next scheduled season. Kenan will not refund or pro-rate any fees if 2/3rds (or more) of the season is completed.
Any processing fee charged by Kenan Center, Inc. or any of its vendors concerning credit card or other payment transactions is non-refundable under any circumstance, including if a participant withdraws from the event or program.
Become A Sponsor
Sponsors are always welcome and it’s never too late to show your community spirit and sponsor our young football players. A $250 sponsorship supports the football program. Please contact the Kenan Center Sports & Recreation Manager at (716) 433-2619 for more information.