An outdoor garden art experience. | Artists will transform the Kenan Gardens & Grounds July 10 & 11, 2021 during the American Craftsmen 50th Anniversary Weekend.
The Kenan Center is excited to launch the 2nd Annual g(art)en! We welcome the community to submit proposals of artwork installations to be on view in their gardens during for their event g(art)en on July 10 & 11. The outdoor art experience at the Kenan Center overlaps with the Lockport in Bloom and the Kenan Center American Craftsmen 50th Anniversary Weekend.
Apply to be a featured artist!
A limited amount of $250 stipends will be awarded to artists selected by the Kenan Center. Priority will be given to artists who demonstrate the ability to create weather-proof temporary sculptures that elevate the beauty of the Kenan Center Gardens. One of the awards will be reserved for an artist under the age of 21 years old..
Artists of all mediums are encouraged to safely walk the Kenan Center grounds to gain inspiration. Areas of focus are the gardens immediately surrounding the Kenan House Gallery, the Taylor Theater, Garden Terrace Walkway and Orchard leading to the Kenan Arena. Proposals are due by May 14 at 11:59 p.m.. Please email proposals to email@example.com, along with photos of 2- 3 past pieces of work. Winners will be announced on Friday, May 28.
Click here for the Artist Proposal Form.
Sponsor a g(art)en artist!
- 100% of your donation goes directly to a participating g(ART)en artist.
- Your name/company will be on display next to their art installation the weekend of July 10 & 11, 2021.
- You name/company provided advertisement will be recognized in our g(ART)en program booklet and map.
- You will contribute to our goal to #SaveTheArts.
Click here for the Sponsorship Form.
2020 Artists selected with piece titles were:
- Kari Achatz; Flora et Fauna
- Kimberly and Brian Christy; The Spark of Inspiration
- Peter Goergen; Build Your Own Sculpture
- Casey Miller; Growth
2021 Artists will be announced on Friday, May 28.
All artwork installations will be on view to the public during Lockport’s g(art)en event on July 10 & 11. Social distancing is required on the Kenan Center Campus. More information can be found on www.kenancenter.org and Kenan Center social media.