“I have always believed firmly that a good education is the most cherished gift an individual can receive.” William R. Kenan, Jr.
Educational opportunities are offered for all ages in a variety of forms: preschool; children’s and adult classes; lectures and talks with authors, artists, and experts in many fields; and workshops offered through our affiliate groups including the Kenan Quilters’ Guild and Friends of the Kenan Herb Club.
A sample of our current Educational Programs:
- Montessori Preschool. A half day program for ages 3-5 that offers hands-on, child-centered learning
- Kenan Speaker Series featuring faith leaders and noted national authors and scholars in the area of religion and contemporary society.
- Gallery Tea & Tour events: Artists provide intimate talks about their work currently on exhibit in the gallery
- KidQuest Summer Youth Program offering unique youth programs in theater, science, art, cooking, yoga, and more!
- Art classes for children. With the guidance of trained artist instructors, children learn techniques for exploring a variety of media and art forms.
- Children & Music with Mary Dunn is a 10-week program that uses music as a means to encourage early learning. Offered in the fall and winter.
- Missoula Children’s Theatre Residency is a week-long program which children in grades K-12 work with touring actors to perform an original musical production.
Click on the links under Education to learn more about our current educational offerings, or Groups to learn about workshops offered to the public by the Kenan Arts Council, Kenan Quilters’ Guild or Friends of the Kenan Herb Club.
Kenan Center Scholarships
The Kenan Center offers scholarships that allow those in need the opportunity to participate in our programming. Contact the Business Office at 433-2617 to request a scholarship form, or download one here..